We provide service that includes inpatient unit and outpatient consulting.
The inpatient unit has general wards and private rooms. Acute management of violent, suicidal and severely psychiatric patients with both pharmacological and non-pharmacological intervention is done on a regular basis.
Dr. S.S LAL SRIVASTAVA
M.B.B.S, M.D (F.I.P.S) Psychiatry
- Academic counselling and Stress management is a major thrust area of the facility
- Electroconvulsive therapy (modified) is also offered as part of the treatment as and when required
- The outpatient unit functions are daily manned by Qualified staff
- Treatment, both pharmacological and non-pharmacological (psychotherapeutic counselling) is offered after detailed assessment and evaluation
- All major and minor psychiatric disorders including schizophrenia, manic depression, depression, anxiety, and sexual disorders are treated
- Substance abuse and dependence treatment including alcohol detoxification and deaddiction forms an important area of expertise
- Neuropsychiatric disorders of old age like dementia, mild cognitive impairment are also assessed and managed
- Sexual medicine and sexual counselling is another thrust area for the department